2017 Dec 16th Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

We had a very pleasant evening Saturday.  Dinks prepared the meal of smoked turkey, ham, potato salad and baked beans with a relish plate and rolls.  Of course everyone brought their favorite desert.  I spent the evening grazing!  Rhonda and I have decided we are going to go on a diet, “sometime next year”!

 As always the “Dirty Santa game” was a hoot.  I think Tonya got to be the picked on person this year.  It kinda seemed like it anyway.  Every time she got a nice gift she liked, someone would come along and take it.  (The trick is Tonya, act like you don’t like it and you want someone to steel it and no one will touch it!)  Don’t forget, we can regift next year!  Of course that is what it is all about.  That is what makes it fun.  Then there were those gifts some would get and they would give the impression of, “what the”!

Jim did a very good job of setting up the evening.  Ed Egan and Ed Lomax made it happen at the Church which is always a nice location to have it at.  I am sure I have missed someone who helped make the evening happen so I apologize, but “Thank you” to all who worked so hard to make a wonderful evening.

Darrell did squeeze in a short meeting.

·         We had 40 in attendance.

·         Mike N. and Jim Culver gave an update on Lenard’s improvements.  He is doing better.  Thursday he walked for the first time since the accident.  He is getting stronger and getting more and better use in his legs, arms and hands.  He even had a smile on his face while I was there.  Get better soon Lenard.  Spring will be here before we know it and it will be time to hit the road.  We continue to send our prayers your way.

·         We have 2 new members and families.  Neal Johnson and his wife and Mike Bouvier and family.

·         Tonya said we have $697.17 in the bank.  On that note, “dues are due”.  They continue to be $25.  You can send them to, CVCC, C/O Tonya Leeson, PO Box 203, Bartlesville, Okla. 74005 or bring them to our Jan. meeting or give them to one of the officers. 

·         Officers will continue to stay as they are this year with the exception of the “Events Coordinator”.  Vanessa Gabe has graciously volunteered to step in.  Thank you Vanessa.

·         The hat was passed for donations for a charity of our choice and $200 was taken up.  We will give $100 to the Salvation Army and$100 to SPCA.  Thanks everyone.  I am sure both organizations will appreciate it.

·         Speaking of Salvation Army, Darrell says distribution at the Salvation is Tuesday, Dec., 19.  Breakfast at Eggberts at 7:30 if you would like to join the ones who plan to participate.

·         Jan. meeting will be at Montana Mikes here in Bartlesville.  More information at a closer date.

·         Meeting adjourned.

Here is truly wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Please continue to keep the Ames in your prayers.  We are looking forward to another year with family and friends.

2017 Nov 14th Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Twenty six members were present for dinner and a meeting.  Seems that every time we go to Luigis, they have remodeled a little more.  As always the food was very good, service was as good and the fellowship was superb.

·         Darrell started the meeting straight up 7:00.

·         Tonya reported that we have $697.17.  Start thinking about your dues.  January is just around the corner and they will be due!  They continue to be $25.

·         The Christmas dinner party/meeting will be Saturday December 18.  It will be held at the Dewey First Baptist Church, (where we had it last year).  Festivities will kick off at 5:30 p.m.  The dinner will be catered by Dinks BBQ.  It will consist of turkey, etc.  Cost of the meal will be $13 a head.  We will have Dirty Santa and bean bag baseball.  Please keep your gifts for Dirty Santa to a maximum of $15.  More information will be available closer to the date of the dinner.  Our December meeting will be held at the dinner.

·         Darrell passed the signup sheet for Salvation Army bell ringing.  He shared that this year we will be at Attwood’s, inside, I will say again this year, “If you have never done this you are missing out on a good experience.  You need to give it a try!

·         It is time for new officers.  If you are interested in the office of president, vice president, secretary, treasurer or events coordinator please let Darrell know.

·         Johnny Johnson gave an update on Lenard.  Things are looking better but he has a ways to go.  Please keep Lenard and LeAnne in your thoughts and prayers.

2017 Sept 12th Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Boy can’t keep our group away!  Not weather, distance nor tore up roads can keep us from getting together for a road trip and to go eat.  We gathered at Carrabbas Italian Restaurant this month and it was worth the trip.  Food was good and the service was even better.  Darrell, Bill and Tonya didn’t get to make it so yours truly got to lead the meeting.  I tried real hard to set the record for the shortest meeting but I don’t think I got it done.  I think Bill still has the honors.

The meeting really wasn’t very long as we didn’t have much to discuss. 

·         29 people were present with one guest.

·         Tonya sent me an e mail reporting that we have $727.17 in the bank.

·         We had a good turnout at the Tyro Car Show.  We had 15 cars.  Tonya won a top 3 in her class and best overall for her class.  Dunkles’ won a top 3.   Ed Lomax won a top 3 in his truck class and ex-club member Robert Bean won in the Mustang class.  Congratulations to all.

·         Darrell says to mark your calendars for December 16th for this year’s Christmas dinner and party to be held at the Dewey First Baptist Church.  (same place as our anniversary picnic)  More info at a later date.

·         Eureka Springs weekend is approaching pretty fast.  I will get information out in the next week or so on the group that will go over Thursday morning via the Grove route.  There will be a group going over via 412.  I will let you know who to contact for information of this group. 

·         We have been discussing a road trip for some time in the spring of 18.  Be thinking about it and if you have any ideas other than what Darrell shared in his September meeting agenda, please let him know.

·         Meeting location for October to be announced.

·         There are several Car Shows coming up.  Anyone can set up a group to attend all shows.  All you have to do is decide where and what time you want to meet and send out an e mail.  You can attach it to an e mail from Darrell or myself or send it to one of us and we will forward it to the club membership.

Honestly, it took longer for me to type these up than what the meeting lasted.  The important thing is, “we had a ball”!

2017 Aug 5th Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Well the weather was looking pretty iffy, but “Heck with the weather”, we can make it home before it does anything!  We know cause our President said so.  And we did!  Thank you Mr. President for being one who has control over the weather!  It was off to Ponca City to Enrique’s Mexican Restaurant.  There was about 12 or 13 cars and it was a very nice drive over.  We got to the restaurant and they got us right in.  The service was excellent and the turn around on the orders was very short.  However, it was no place for any kind of meeting.  They set us in 3 different large groups and we were mingled in with other patrons so privacy was a complete bust. 

We had a total of 34 people which included 4 guests from the former Ponca City Corvette Club and one guest that was there with Ed Lomax.  Darrell passed out copies of the meeting agenda that he had printed up and I spoke to Tonya to see what the bank balance was.  (It is $750.32.) That was the extent to the meeting.  This would normally be ok most of the time but we actually did have a little to talk about.

One of the things we were going to discuss was the possibility of changing the meeting day to a Saturday instead of the second Tuesday of the month.  The reason this was brought up was because for those who are still working at times are finding it difficult to get home, change, take care of things at home and get to a departure location in time to leave with the group.  The officers did get together and discuss this and decided it to be best that we keep the meetings on the second Tuesday of the month.  To make it less difficult for those who are still working, it was decided we would find places on meeting nights close to home so that we can meet later in the evening for later departures and still get home at a decent hour.  Longer road trips can still be scheduled on the weekends.  Hope all that is understandable.

Another thing we were going to discuss is the yearly Show and Shine that we have with Oakley Chevrolet.  Since the meeting we do have information on the event.  Bill Boone finally connected with David Oakley and the final discussion is to wait until spring to do the event.  Sooo, “No Show and Shine” for 2017.

Discussion of the Christmas dinner/party was also on the agenda.  Again since the ‘Nonmeeting meeting” we have scheduled the Dewey First Baptist Church (same place as last year) for the location and it will be Saturday, Dec. 16.  Dirty Santa and Bean Bag Baseball will be the entertainment.  We will attempt to get Wheezie’s Café to cater with the club bringing the desserts.  More information will be distributed at a closer date.

Jim has scheduled “Carrabbas Italian Grill”, on East 71st street in Tulsa for our September, Tuesday the 12th, meeting.  Seating will be at 6:30.  Please plan to meet and leave the Food Pyramid parking lot at 5:30.  For further information please contact Jim Culver.

Well, that is all I have from our nonmeeting, meeting.  Hope to see you all at our next.  Get those cars out and put some miles on them.

2017 Aug 1st Officers Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Recently there has been some discussion about moving the CVCC monthly meeting from Tuesday evening to the dinner runs we have been having on Saturdays.  Reason being, we can leave a little earlier and have time to get to where we are going and back home at a reasonable hour.  (i.e before dark)  Those who are still in the working world find it difficult to get home from work, change, get the car out and be at a meeting location at the appointed time of departure when we have chosen a location where we will be driving an extended distance, and they have a legitimate argument.

After some discussion of the topic it was decided that the meeting day of the second Tuesday of the month should stay as it has been.  In order to deal with the problem of everyone that want to go to be able to make the locations of departure on time, the locations for our regular monthly meeting will be scheduled closer to home so that the travel time is much less and we can leave later in the evening giving everyone time to get there.

We will still plan and schedule weekend excursions in order to have a little seat time in our cars and experience new eating locations.  So, if you have an idea of a special place you would like for the club to visit, please get with Jim Culver.

We also discussed the ”Show and Shine” with Oakley Chevrolet.  Bill reported that he talked to David Oakley.  It is getting late in the year for the event.  There are many other car shows, events and football season is approaching pretty quickly.  It was decided that it might be better to bypass trying to have one this year and maybe wait until next spring.  This will be brought up and discussed at the meeting Saturday night.

 The Christmas Party was brought up.  Tom volunteered (he’ll never learn will he) to get with Ed Egin and Ed Lomax to get the Baptist Church in Dewey (where we had it last year) scheduled for the event.  He will try for a Saturday, Dec. 9 or the 16th.  When he has a firm date he will let us know.  We will play the Dirty Santa game and the Bean Bag Baseball for entertainment.  Wheezes Café was suggested for our caterer service.  (They did the Oldies N Goodies Christmas Party last year and it was wonderful)

2017 Jun 11th Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

This month we drove to Pawnee for our supper meeting and yes it was and is some of the best steak in Oklahoma and yes the service was good and the food was prepared in a very reasonable time.  There were 14 cars go over and it is always impressive to see that many cars running down the road together but, the real story was the trip home.  As I am sure everyone knows about it now, we had a mess when we had to drive through a deer that someone ahead of us had hit and spread it literally clear across the road!  There was no driving around it; you just had to pick the least of the worst to drive through.  Rhonda and I were running behind about 4 cars when we came up on it so it was a little easier to choose a path.  I think the Dunckles’ got the worst of it.  They had a couple of big chunks hanging from under their car.  Most of us stopped at the convenience store out on the corner of 99 and 60.  All were in pretty good shape so we continued on but as luck would have it, Chuck ran over an armadillo and has some damage from that!  I didn’t think we had any damage from the situation but have found that the battery on ours has been running down since then.  It will be one trip that will be remembered!

Save the wave

2017 May 9 Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Boy, I know you probably get tired of hearing me say it but, how impressive is it to see twenty Corvettes running down the road?  I couldn’t even see the last car in line and we were the ninth car back.  I am honored to be a part of a group that is so enthusiastic about driving their cars, or wait, is it about eating?  Either way I enjoy our group tremendously.

This month Jim set us up at the El Vallarta Mexican restaurant in Pawhuska.  What a beautiful drive!  The weather was perfect, the country side gorgeous, and the new road is as smooth as glass!  I counted forty two people.  Hope I didn’t miss anyone.  Don’t know about everyone, but our table has decided that is probably the last time we will go there.  Not many got their actual meal that they ordered and my goodness, poor Tom, and brother Jim, didn’t even get their meal for at least 20 minutes after the rest of us! 

All that being said the fellowship was and always is, “the best”. 

·          Darrell opened the meeting before we ate.  Sorry I didn’t catch the time.

·          I counted 42 members.

·          Our new members, Kumar and Sujatha Krishnan got to go along with us this time.  They joined a while back but seem to have had something come up that kept them from attending our last couple of events.  Welcome Kumar and Sujatha and look forward to having you in the Club.

·          Tonya reported we have $613 and some cents; sorry I didn’t get the cents!  (A lot of people say I don’t have any!)

·          Tom has a few extra shirts.   If you didn’t get one and would like to have one, please get with Tom. 

·          If you are going to the Oldies “N” Goodies show Saturday or would just like to come out for breakfast, meet at Eggberts at 7:15.  If you don’t go to breakfast and attend the show be sure to tell them at the gate you are with CVCC and they will send you to the group.  The Club banner is in the trunk of our car.  Rhonda will be bringing it out as I will be working the show.

·          Next meeting will be at, “Klicks Steak House in Pawnee.  Information on departure location and time will follow at a closer time to the event.

·          This meeting has to have been the shortest on record.  It took me a lot longer to type up the minutes than it did for Darrell to conduct the meeting.  Couldn’t have been over 4 minutes long!  Job well done Darrell!

2017 April 11 Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Well this month we cruised to “Bucks BBQ” in Sedan.  I say it once again, “It is really impressive to see 10 or more Vettes running down the road all in a row”!  The food at Bucks was, as always, excellent, the service was, I think, better than last time, and of course the fellowship was and always is unmatchable.  I had a BBQ sandwich (I don’t remember the name of it but it had beef, bologna, and a hot link on it) that came with fries and a rib.  Needless to say, I took half of it home with me.  Darrell was in rare form tonight giving, I think the shortest meeting yet.  I think it lasted a whole 6 minutes! 

·         Darrell started the meeting at 7:24.

·         There were 14 Corvettes and 1 goat, excuse me, 1 Dodge, (it’s got a goat on the front of it) in the parking lot.

·         We had a total of 31 members present.

·         Tonya didn’t make it but sent word that we have $1,411. 05.  That does not count the money Tom collected for T shirts and there will be several dollars’ worth of expenses for the picnic. 

·         Darrell shared that he continues to maintain the web site.  Thanks Darrell for doing this for the club.

·         Darrell also shared that all name tags should be up to date.  If anyone needs a name tag please get with Darrell and he will see that you get one.

·         The picnic is coming along according to schedule.  Mike will be sending out a list for all to sign up to supply a side dish or desert.  The Club will be supplying the hamburgers, hotdog, drinks and paper and plastic ware.

·         Our next meeting will be May 9 in Pawhuska at the Mexican Restaurant.  Information on meeting location and departure time will be sent out at a closer time to the meeting.

Regards and see you all at the picnic

2017 March 14 Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Dinner and a meeting at Luigis in Skiatook this month.  It is just as good as the restaurant in Bartlesville.

See you all in April if not sooner.

2017 March 9 Anniversary Planning Committee Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

The meeting was held at Laigis Italian Restaurant again this month.  As always food and service was good enough to make us want to go back next month. 

2017 February 14 Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

It was a “Happy Valentines” Day for all.  We met this month at Dinks BBQ and as always the food was good.  It even worked out that the meeting night was on Valentine’s Day.  Most everyone would have been taking their significant other out for dinner anyway.

 Darrell reported that he had spoken with David Oakely about a “Show and Shine” as we have been doing for the last few years.  David expressed that it might be better to touch base with him later on about

2017 January 10 Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

Well what can I say?  It is January, it is dark and it is cold.  It makes for a long trip, even if you are only going 30 miles.  I for one am ready for summer.  We met at the Hammett house in Claremore this month.  The food is always good and I think they are getting to know when we say we are coming, we are coming.  They had the room set up for us and the young lady that took care of did a really good job.

 ·         Darrell opened the meeting at 7:28

·         I counted 27 people!  (Good crowd!)

·         No new members or guests.

·         Tonya’s mother had a Dr. Appointment and Tonya took her so Darrell gave the finance report.  We have $1480.60 in the bank plus some dues that was turned in to Darrell this evening.  (Hope your Mom is getting along ok, Tonya)

·         The Boys and Girls club did send a “thank you” letter for the donation we made to them.

·         The bicycles were delivered to the Salvation Army at Christmas time, but we ended up only having to donate about $15 because of other sources. 

·         Darrell says “Thank You” to all who rang the bell this year.  (It is always a rewarding time when we do this.)  He also said a big “thank you” to those who showed up to help with the distribution of the donations to the recipients.

·         Darrell shared that he has spent quite some time on the web site and it is up to date.  If you have not been on the web site lately I suggest you go out there so you can see the hard work Darrell puts in.  Thanks Darrell we know that it really is very time consuming.  He also shared that he is working to update the “member directory and distributions list.  Those who have not paid any dues in a couple of years will be removed.

·         Mike (yours truly) gave an update on the “15th Anniversary celebration event” planned for this year.  Rather than repeat everything, I will add the minutes of our meeting.  All information will be on it.  Except, the club approved a $200 allowance for door prizes to be given away at the celebration.

·         Darrell closed the meeting at 7:40

 

2017 January Anniversary Planning Committee Meeting Minutes

The following minutes were provided by Mike Nodine

We started out by going over a little history of the club and found:

·          It is the 15th Anniversary.

·          The Club started in March of 2002.

·          The first meeting was held in Johnstone Park.

·          There were 28 people at the first meeting.

·          Rick and Marilyn Cole, Tom and Carol Culver and Jim and Linda Hess are the only charter members who still belong to the Club.

We decided:

·          A picnic venue was decided on for the type of celebration.  We can combine the yearly picnic and the Anniversary into one event. 

·          We will plan for the event to be held in Johnstone Park.  We will have a fallback location planned just in case of weather.  Mike will reserve the park.  Tom will get with Ed Egan about the Church.  Other location suggestions are welcome.

·          Saturday, April 22 at 12:00 noon was set for the date and time of the picnic.

·          We will have hamburgers and hotdogs, the club furnishing the meat and the Club Members furnishing the sides, deserts, tableware etc.  Tom will talk to his son n law and see if he would like to do the cooking for us.  (Hope so, he does a really good Job).

·          Door prizes to be given away at the picnic.  LeAnne will take care of the door prizes.  We will ask the Club at our next meeting for a $200 limit for door prizes.

·          Connie will take care of the decorating (tables etc.).

·          Darrell will take care of the entertainment.

·          We will extend an invitation to the “non-member” founding members.  (Those who are no longer in the club).

Another Idea:

·          Tom graciously volunteered to look into an “Anniversary T-Shirt”, i.e. producer, cost and design.  Cost would fall to each member for requested t-shirts.  Tom will have some information at a later club meeting.

·          Everyone thought it would be a good idea to put the Anniversary in the paper.  We will have the charter members that are still in the club to get together and take some pictures or just get some pictures to Darrell.   We thought it would be neat if they had a picture from back then with the car they had at the time the club started.   We could also maybe have a few updated pictures of club events or trips.

Further ideas and questions are welcome!